Introduction: Luize

Introduction: Luize

As you may know my name is Luize. I am a sixteen year old girl from Latvia, currently living in Finland. I categorise myself as Latvian, but my parents are Latvian/Lithuanian and Belarussian. Hence, I'm not Finnish. My small family however consists of my parents and a younger brother.

I've lived in two countries my whole life; Latvia and Finland. At the age of nine, my family came to a decision that we will emigrate Latvia. I moved to Finland not knowing what language I was demanded to know.
So just as any other child out there, I was put in school. The only language at the time of immigration, I knew was Latvian. But the school I was going to become a part of, was an English speaking one.
Today, seven years after the big move, I've obtained the ability to express myself in two languages fluently and learn a lot more languages at my school.

In short about my hobbies. From the age of four till fourteen, I was a dancer. The dances that I practised were ballroom dances. My entire childhood and beginning of teenage years, I was set on becoming a professional dancer but due to health issues the dream crumbled. After ending the hobby I set my mind on studies. I decided I wanted to make something out of myself, hence I studied. For the two years of Secondary school, I had no permanent hobbies. After a year of trying out one hobby after another I came to a conclusion that I should not have a hobby after all.

Since that day, whenever someone asks 'what's your hobby?' I answer: don't have one. That's why being in the IB is great, because once the Diploma Programme starts we are demanded to perform physical exercise in our free time. Which sounds good to me because I get to spend my free time doing a hobby rather than stressing my mind over studies.


Comments

Popular Posts